Homebuyer reports: why you need one
A homebuyer survey and valuation provides potential buyers with a report on the condition of the property that they are considering purchasing. It includes a valuation and an evaluation of the building and its condition, enabling them to come to a considered decision as to whether or not to make an offer on the property based on a full assessment of its condition, its real value and the cost of any work that may need to be done.
A homebuyer report inspection includes an assessment of:
- the property's overall condition
- the market value of the property
- any damp proofing, insulation and drainage plus a professional assessment of their condition.
- the results of any tests carried out to detect dampness
- any defects to accessible parts of the property that may affect its value
- urgent matters needing evaluation prior to signing any contracts
The chartered surveyor will inspect as much of the building as possible, although he or she won't check any area of the building that is covered, unexposed or hazardous in accordance with standard inspection procedure. A detailed inspection report will be drawn up and sent out to the client once payment is received.
If you're interested in enquiring about a homebuyer report or need further advice, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We welcome your enquiry.
Download this file to see a Homebuyers Report format.